Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kindness Following Me

I can't reiterate enough my gratitude for the overwhelming kindness I receive from my customers.  Today a longtime customer of mine, Crik Christophel (Neko Farm), presented me with a beautiful handknit hat made from wool I've shorn in the past.  It's so nice!  Soft, warm...So thoughtful of her.  She told me shearers are not a commodity, but a relationship/service.  Glad people think like that!

Earlier this week I was fed a huge brunch by the Lamphier family in Middlesex NY.  It's nice being welcomed in as part of the family, even though I only see most of my customers just once a year.  They're always feeding me, giving me a place to stay, giving me eggs (or hats!), etc.  I love my job!

Starting to get busy with spring shearing (glad it is finally spring)...Sheared a little over 2,000 so far in 2011.  I've been on the road for a month now, starting to look forward to coming home.  Although I won't really get a rest from shearing until probably the end of June.  Enjoying the nomadic lifestyle!

In other sheep news, the Ohio Dorset Sale was yesterday.  Grand Champion ram sold for $8,000.  Wow.



Thank you for your kindness everyone!

1 comment: